Canadian Immigration & Visa Requirements
International Students must meet the immigration and visa requirements of the Canadian Government. These requirements along with the various documents needed, and how to access them, can be found by referring to the Canadian Government website.
Before applying to SCS, please review the information on our website and/or in your information packet so that you are fully aware of what SCS has to offer. All forms are available on the SCS website.
1. Application and Supporting Forms
Please submit the completed international student application to SCS via e-mail or fax. The application and supporting forms include:
- Student Application / Health & Permission Forms – required to be completed for each student enrolling; includes health information and medical treatment instructions; immunizations; permission for attending school events; publishing photos; and leaving school grounds. Students are also required to sign a code of conduct agreement. For International Students who are returning, please click here for the Application package.
- Academic Report Card – from the previous two years of formal schooling, in English if possible. As well, any supporting certificates or diplomas are encouraged.
- Passport Copy
- Reference letter – applicants are asked to submit one reference letter.
- English Proficiency for Placement Purposes ONLY – This is not required but strongly suggested. IELTS, TOEFL Jr. or the Cambridge Online test are all accepted. SCS will determine ESL programming needs based on report card results and English placement testing.
2. Final Acceptance
The Principal makes the final decision regarding acceptance, and parents/agency will be notified approximately two days after receiving the full application and supporting documents.
3. Submission of Fees
Once accepted, the full year tuition is due. (In some cases, SCS will allow families to pay by semester.)
4. Official Visa Acceptance Letter
Once fees are submitted, SCS will offer official letter of acceptance for Canadian Study Visa purposes.
5. International Fee Refund Policy
Please see policy in Application package.
6. International Health Care Insurance
All international students are required to purchase health care insurance through our contracted provider, Ingle International Insurance. Families will be invoiced according to their planned stay. Please click here for details.
International Fees and Tuition
$100 CAD due upon submission of application forms.
NOTE: There will be no refund of the Application Fee
Fee payment options
International Wire Transfer or Money Order
2019-2020 International Tuition
$12,500 CAD for first student in a family
$11,250 CAD for second student
Our tuition fee is a comprehensive standard tuition fee including our enriched educational program, as well as books and student activities - all value-added elements for our families. Our tuition fee includes:
- Skating (JK to Grade 8)
- Daily hot lunch program
- Co-curricular Activities
- Integrated ESL program
* Students demonstrating the need for ESL support will be required to enroll in the SCS ESL program.
The following fees are not covered by the comprehensive tuition:
- School apparel
- Homestay (see below)
- Sports fees
- School Photos
- School Supplies
- Overnight Trips
- Grad fees
Homestay Program Fees
$750/month CAD per student
Students in the Homestay Program live in SCS-approved, loving, caring and structured homes located within minutes of the school campus. The Homestay Program includes all food, lodging and transportation for students during the entire school year and includes all holidays. Each homestay family is selected by SCS and care is offered to ensure that international students are “fitted” with the best family for their unique needs.